Mack C. Chase was born on April 29th, 1931 the 4th of 9 children to Edgar and Marie Chase. Upon graduation he served in the Army and was stationed in Korea from 1951 to 1953. In the early years Mack worked on pulling units with Chase Well Service and in 1979 formed Marbob Energy with John R. Gray. In 1988 Mack formed Mack Energy Corporation, an oil and gas production operating company. Mack and his wife Marilyn were married for 63 years before her passing in December, 2016. They have two sons, Robert and Richard, one daughter, Gerene, six grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.
“He is the American dream… he never forgot where he came from.”
In 1983 Mack was recognized as “Businessman of the Year” by the Artesia Chamber of Commerce; in 1997 he was Artesia Desk and Derrick’s “Boss of the Year”; in 2000 his business Mack Energy Corporation was recognized as the Artesia Chamber of Commerce’s “Corporate Business of the Year”. In 2005 Mack was awarded a lifetime achievement award from the Artesia Public Schools for his support and generosity over the years. A very proud and caring person, he has always been a staunch supporter of youth and community organizations. He was honored as the 2016 Top Hand by the Permian Basin Petroleum Association.
Born April 29, 1931
- At age 14 – started working in the oilfield on a pulling unit.
- After graduation from high school in 1950, went to work for Nash, Winfor and Brown working on pulling units.
- In the Army from 1951-1953 as an A&E Mechanic.
- 1954-1956 started a well servicing business – Chase Well Service.
- 1957-1960 worked for General American.
- 1960-1968 worked for brother, George Chase, at Chase Well Service.
- 1968 – Started business – Mack Chase, Inc. Operated 18-21 rigs.
- 1979 – Mack and John R. Gray formed Marbob Energy Corporation, an oil/gas production/operating company.
- 1988 – Mack formed a new company named Mack Energy Corporation.
- 1996 – Mack formed a Charter Air Service based out of Midland, Texas Deer horn Aviation
- 1999 – Mack purchased Avion, a FBO in Midland, Texas
- 2000/02 Opened offices in Midland and Ft. Worth
- 2001 Started Arrowhead Pipe & Supply Company
- 2004 – Purchased Carlsbad Insurance Company; founded Chase Farms which operates in New Mexico, Arizona, and Wyoming.
- 2006 – Sold Mack Energy production to form Concho Resources
- 2011 – Mack was inducted into the Petroleum Hall of Fame
- 2012 – Completed company headquarters located in Riverside
- 2017 – Mack was named the 2016 Top Hand by the Permian Basin Petroleum Association